Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Roaming about

I've been in Europe for a couple of months to make a TV film - I took a Smart car to Le Mans to see what the petrolheads get up to on their trip to France.
I enjoyed scooting round Sussex and Kent in the Smart. I also fitted in further trips to the Bluebell Railway and the Kent & East Sussex Railway.
I watched the British Grand Prix early morning here on Speed Channel in Canada - a soggy procession with a predictable outcome. I then boarded an air conditioned double-deck train which dropped me off in downtown Toronto next to my grandstand seat for the Molson Indy. Brilliant sunshine and reasonable prices - a three-day ticket for less than £40 - and great close racing on the streets. It'll take more than Bernie blowing a gasket to sort out Silverstone - goodbye rip-off Britain.

No comments: