Sunday, August 10, 2003

Brompton in Canada

I've been back in Europe for the summer where the muse deserted me - hope to bring news of my travels in the coming weeks. My Brompton folding bicycle made it to Canada OK. I got a carton from the shop in Heathfield, Sussex, used old bubble wrap and three quid for some tape. Hideously overweight at check-in but the guy was in a good mood and didn't charge me - no sweat in customs at the other end.
I have been out for a road test this morning - everything OK after I decided to ride on the right side of the street. - in fact going better than ever with new Schwalbe Marathon kevlar tyres inflated to 80 plus PSI. The guy in Heathfield says 85 PSI, not more, not less and don't leave out in the sun - highly appropriate for this British summer.
Bought myself a decent pump with gauge at Canadian Tire while attending the local cruise night yesterday - T'birds, muscle cars, Corvettes, street rods plus old Brit sportcars even an original Lotus Elite.

No comments: