Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dealership day

To Oakville, Ontario to take the smart car for service. Leave home at 07:10 and arrive via the QEW at 07:45 in the rain. I'm trying out the service at Meray Motors, also called M-B Oakville Autohaus, for the first time. Although the advertised time for opening is 08:00 they are in full flow on arrival. Phil, the service guy, is waiting for me and correctly identifies me although we haven't met. I sit in the waiting room until 10:00 reading the papers and drinking coffee. Phil enquires whether I would like to go for breakfast and Hans, in a Mercedes B Class, drives me to the Fifties Diner a few blocks away. Peameal bacon and scrambled eggs with tea - $6.69, plus $2 tip.



I walk back to the dealership, although a lift was on offer. The car is in the yard and after wrestling with the computer Phil gets me on my way at 11:30. I call in to see nephew Owen nearby and take the Lakeshore home. Diesel at Pioneer in Port Credit 89.9 cents per litre. Another chore checked off my to do list.

No comments: