Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Lost and Found

Monday left Red Lodge for Lewistown, Montana. Stopped at Big Timber for ATM. I forgot my card and the machine swallowed it. Stopped at Harlowton, Montana for ice cream. Left camera in cafe. Rushed back from Lewistown and retrieved it. Too long on the road!
Listening to Mary Chapin Carpenter: I feel lucky. NOT.
Then to White Sulphur Springs for overnight at All Seasons hotel, top notch at $69 incl breakfast for two, highly recommended. Fish supper at Dempseys on main street, also very good. A pint of Bud Lite costs $2. Met a guy outside the bar who said "I thought I had the smallest car in town but you beat me by half a car!" He was driving a Toyota hatchback. Back at hotel party of Brits enjoying western tour. This is a less prosperous part of Montana and there is plenty of vintage tin to ogle in backlots if you love old cars.
To Helena to visit the Capitol building, built by H.L. Frank. Notice my bank card is missing. Phone bank in Big Timber to confirm they have trashed it. Picnic lunch on road to Butte, purchased earlier at coffee shop in Townsend, where we re-crossed the Missouri River. Following signs of defunct railroad by the side of the highway.
Roll into Butte for diesel stop and visit to Butte-Silver Bow Archives. Blazing hot. In Butte library, Anaconda next.
For more see SCOOT.

No comments: