Monday, January 15, 2001

Better late than never

On Saturday I made my national radio debut on the John Peel show 'Home Truths' on BBC Radio 4. I recorded an audio diary lasting about eight minutes about early morning commuting, which was slotted into the hour long programme. Gratifying to receive calls and emails from old friends who heard the broadcast - after grinding along on local radio it was nice to know somebody was actually listening.
I only found out at the last minute that the item was going out this week and was unable to tune either of the two radios in the house to the station. I went and sat in the car just in time - the radio industry lost the plot with the user interface a long way back - why don't they go back to the old-fashioned knobs for tuning in to the wireless?

No comments: